- 1 Is the book of Ezra in chronological order?
- 2 Was Esther the mother of Artaxerxes?
- 3 Why do you think Ezra 7/10 is such an important statement about Ezra?
- 4 What can we learn from the book of Ezra?
- 5 What is the difference between Ezra and Nehemiah?
- 6 Was Queen Esther a real person?
- 7 Who was Esther’s husband?
- 8 What was Esther’s purpose in the Bible?
- 9 What is the main message of Ezra?
- 10 What did Ezra request when he returned from Babylon?
- 11 What was the most important preparation Ezra made for the journey to Jerusalem Ezra 7/10 )?
- 12 What are 3 significant lessons we can learn from Ezra?
- 13 What is the meaning of Ezra in Bible?
- 14 What period of time is covered in the Books of Ezra Nehemiah and Esther?
Is the book of Ezra in chronological order?
Structure. The contents of Ezra–Nehemiah are structured in a theological rather than chronological order: ” The Temple must come first, then the purifying of the community, then the building of the outer walls of the city, and so finally all could reach a grand climax in the reading of the law.”
Was Esther the mother of Artaxerxes?
The “Old Greek” Septuagint version of Esther translates the name Ahasuerus as Artaxerxes, a Greek name derived from the Persian Artaxšaϑra. Jewish tradition relates that Esther was the mother of a King Darius and so some try to identify Ahasuerus with Artaxerxes I and Esther with Kosmartydene.
Why do you think Ezra 7/10 is such an important statement about Ezra?
Why is Ezra 7:10 such an important statement about Ezra? It shows that Ezra was devoted to the Word and taught the word. Why were mixed marriages such a threat to the settlers that returned to Jerusalem? Their wives could have false gods and take the settlers and turn them away from God.
What can we learn from the book of Ezra?
Ezra shows us that being a good steward is how we serve God and serve others. He reminds us that God promised to not turn His back on us, even if our lives are scarred by sin and rebellion. No matter how long we have been away, Ezra encourages us to rebuild and rededicate our lives to Him.
What is the difference between Ezra and Nehemiah?
Ezra is a Bible nerd who gets other people to take the Bible seriously. Nehemiah is essentially a project manager for the rebuilding of the ancient walls of Jerusalem.
Was Queen Esther a real person?
Because the text lacks any references to known events, some historians believe that the narrative of Esther is fictional, and the name Ahasuerus is used to refer to a fictionalized Xerxes I, in order to provide an aetiology for Purim.
Who was Esther’s husband?
“Ahasuerus ” is given as the name of a king, the husband of Esther, in the Book of Esther.
What was Esther’s purpose in the Bible?
Esther, the beautiful Jewish wife of the Persian king Ahasuerus (Xerxes I), and her cousin Mordecai persuade the king to retract an order for the general annihilation of Jews throughout the empire.
What is the main message of Ezra?
The main theme of the Book is Ezra is the redemption of Israel and its reconstruction. The book demonstrates God’s role in this redemption.
What did Ezra request when he returned from Babylon?
Ezra made aliyah with an official approval of the Persian government and license to take out all donated money from exiled Jews and government officials to the holy temple and Jews living in Israel.
What was the most important preparation Ezra made for the journey to Jerusalem Ezra 7/10 )?
And the answer to this question can be found in the Book of the Bible; the book of Ezra chapter 7 verse 10. It says; ” for Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgement” (- EXPOSITORY ENGLISH BIBLE version).
What are 3 significant lessons we can learn from Ezra?
Lessons from the Book of Ezra
- Lesson 1: People forget and recorded information gets misplaced.
- Lesson 2: Follow God’s commands, no matter what you feel or what others say about you.
- Lesson 3: Do not believe you are too important to do “manual labor” – even the prophets and priests worked on the construction crew.
What is the meaning of Ezra in Bible?
Ezra is a biblical name meaning “help” or “helper” in Hebrew. The Ezra of the Bible was a Jewish priest who helped reintroduce the Torah to the Jewish people who escaped captivity in Babylon.
What period of time is covered in the Books of Ezra Nehemiah and Esther?
What period of time is covered in the books of Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther? 538-458 B.C.