- 1 What can we learn from Ezra in the Bible?
- 2 How did Nehemiah show leadership?
- 3 What is the connection between Ezra and Nehemiah?
- 4 What kind of leader was Ezra?
- 5 What are 3 significant lessons we can learn from Ezra?
- 6 What is the main message of Ezra?
- 7 What can we learn from the life of Nehemiah?
- 8 Who was Nehemiah as a leader?
- 9 What is the Nehemiah prayer?
- 10 What is the purpose of Nehemiah?
- 11 What period of time is covered in the Books of Ezra Nehemiah and Esther?
- 12 What is the religious message of the Book of Tobit?
What can we learn from Ezra in the Bible?
5 # Short Commentary & Lesson from Ezra 9.5-15 Ezra recognized that if God gave them what they deserved, he would have to destroy them all. Similarly, we may not have committed all the awful sins of which our society is guilty. We can, however, confess our own sins as well as the sins of society to God.
How did Nehemiah show leadership?
Nehemiah, a rather ordinary person in a servant position, became a transformational leader when apprised of the discontent of the postexilic Jews in Jerusalem and Judah. By praying to God for discernment of His holy will, Nehemiah followed God’s calling to rebuild the walls of the city of Jerusalem.
What is the connection between Ezra and Nehemiah?
Ezra is a Bible nerd who gets other people to take the Bible seriously. Nehemiah is essentially a project manager for the rebuilding of the ancient walls of Jerusalem.
What kind of leader was Ezra?
Ezra, Hebrew ʿezraʾ, (flourished 4th century bc, Babylon and Jerusalem), religious leader of the Jews who returned from exile in Babylon, reformer who reconstituted the Jewish community on the basis of the Torah (Law, or the regulations of the first five books of the Old Testament).
What are 3 significant lessons we can learn from Ezra?
Lessons from the Book of Ezra
- Lesson 1: People forget and recorded information gets misplaced.
- Lesson 2: Follow God’s commands, no matter what you feel or what others say about you.
- Lesson 3: Do not believe you are too important to do “manual labor” – even the prophets and priests worked on the construction crew.
What is the main message of Ezra?
The main theme of the Book is Ezra is the redemption of Israel and its reconstruction. The book demonstrates God’s role in this redemption.
What can we learn from the life of Nehemiah?
One of the powerful messages of Nehemiah is how much you can accomplish when you align yourself with the will and plan of God. Nehemiah and his followers do what seems to be the impossible because they are doing what God has called them to do. You don’t have to rebuild a wall to do the will of God.
Who was Nehemiah as a leader?
Daniel 1:1&2 stipulates it was the hand of God that allowed it for them. Nehemiah becomes a cup bearer at the king’s palace-King Artaxerxes of Persia: 465-424 BC. He was more like a house manager who ran the king’s palace. He was distinguished, efficient, and noble and the king loved him.
What is the Nehemiah prayer?
Nehemiah 1:4-11 “ Lord, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments, 6 let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel.
What is the purpose of Nehemiah?
The book of Nehemiah was written to remind the people of God of how God had worked to bring them back to their land and rebuild the city of Jerusalem.
What period of time is covered in the Books of Ezra Nehemiah and Esther?
What period of time is covered in the books of Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther? 538-458 B.C.
What is the religious message of the Book of Tobit?
The book of Tobit, although considered fictional by religious historians, brought hope to the Jewish people at a time of exile and despair. Its unknown author wove a riveting tale that conveyed the message that the goodness of God will triumph in the end, no matter how much people of faith may suffer along the way.