- 1 What happens in the book of Nehemiah?
- 2 What are the obstacles Nehemiah faced?
- 3 Why was Nehemiah in Susa?
- 4 What is the main message of the book of Nehemiah?
- 5 Why is the book of Nehemiah important?
- 6 Why was Nehemiah a good leader?
- 7 What can you learn from Nehemiah?
- 8 In what ways did Nehemiah demonstrate qualities of a good leader during his time?
- 9 What were the social economic problems that Nehemiah faced as the governor of Judah after completing the wall of Jerusalem?
- 10 Who was Nehemiah and what did he do?
- 11 What does the name Nehemiah mean?
- 12 Why did Nehemiah fast and pray?
- 13 How many times Nehemiah prayed?
- 14 What is the significance of Nehemiah rebuilding the wall?
What happens in the book of Nehemiah?
The book tells how Nehemiah, at the court of the king in Susa, is informed that Jerusalem is without walls, and resolves to restore them. The king appoints him as governor of Judah and he travels to Jerusalem. After 12 years in Jerusalem, he returns to Susa but subsequently revisits Jerusalem.
What are the obstacles Nehemiah faced?
Seven problems that Nehemiah encountered in rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem
- The officials of Tekoa did not co-operate with him ( Neh3:5.
- He was ridiculed by Sanballat and Tobiah.
- He received threats of violence from the enemies Neh 4: 7 – 8.
- A trap was laid to drill his mission of rebuilding the wall.
Why was Nehemiah in Susa?
As the pivotal year of 445 B.C. Read Nehemiah 1.1-11 Nehemiah was in Susa and cup bearer to the King. Susa was the winter capital of the Persian empire, located about 150. Susa was one of several Persian capitals, located 161 kilometres north of the Persian Gulf. Because he knew and loved Yahweh and Yahweh’s people.
What is the main message of the book of Nehemiah?
Nehemiah, one of Israel’s great leaders, tells firsthand the powerful story of the rebuilding of ancient Jerusalem’s walls after the exile. This rebuilding, in the face of great odds, represented the people’s renewal of faith, their overcoming of national shame and the reforming of their conduct.
Why is the book of Nehemiah important?
The book of Nehemiah records an important time period in Jewish history, which included the rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem as well as the rebuilding of the spiritual lives of the Jews who had returned from captivity.
Why was Nehemiah a good leader?
He was more like a house manager who ran the king’s palace. He was distinguished, efficient, and noble and the king loved him. Nehemiah was also a godly man who feared God. Let us examine his great leadership qualities and compare it to modern leaders.
What can you learn from Nehemiah?
One of the powerful messages of Nehemiah is how much you can accomplish when you align yourself with the will and plan of God. Nehemiah and his followers do what seems to be the impossible because they are doing what God has called them to do. You don’t have to rebuild a wall to do the will of God.
In what ways did Nehemiah demonstrate qualities of a good leader during his time?
Ways Nehemiah demonstrated qualities of a good leader
- He was hard working/ committed to his work.
- He faced opposition/challenges courageously.
- He prayed and consulted God in all situations.
- He had vision/foresight for the nation/Jews.
- He recognized other peoples abilities/allowed to performed different duties.
(i) The poor took loans in order to pay tax and interest which was contrary to the Mosaic Law. (ii) The people were overtaxed in order to finance the rebuilding of the wall and pay the king’s tax. (iii) The wealthy land owners exploited the poor. (iv) The anti-social conduct among the wealthy people in Palestine.
Who was Nehemiah and what did he do?
Nehemiah, also spelled Nehemias, (flourished 5th century bc), Jewish leader who supervised the rebuilding of Jerusalem in the mid -5th century bc after his release from captivity by the Persian king Artaxerxes I. He also instituted extensive moral and liturgical reforms in rededicating the Jews to Yahweh.
What does the name Nehemiah mean?
Hebrew Baby Names Meaning: In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Nehemiah is: Comfort of the Lord; comforted by God.
Why did Nehemiah fast and pray?
The walls of Jerusalem lay in ruins, the gates burned to rubble. So Nehemiah fasted and prayed. It appears he prayed for four months, confessing the sins of Israel, asking God to remember his Covenant with His people, and asking God to grant him favor with the King.
How many times Nehemiah prayed?
Nehemiah was a man of constant prayer as can be seen in the fourteen recorded prayers in the short book of Nehemiah.
What is the significance of Nehemiah rebuilding the wall?
Instead, God chose a builder whose name was Nehemiah. And the first step of rebuilding the nation was the building of a great wall. God instructed Nehemiah to build a wall around Jerusalem to protect its citizens from enemy attack. You see, God is NOT against building walls!