- 1 Was Nehemiah a good leader?
- 2 What type of leader was Nehemiah?
- 3 What are the obstacles Nehemiah faced?
- 4 How Nehemiah as a leader clarified values for the people and set an example?
- 5 What can we learn from the life of Nehemiah?
- 6 Why did God choose Nehemiah?
- 7 What is the main message of the book of Nehemiah?
- 8 What are the leadership qualities of Nehemiah?
- 9 What does the book of Nehemiah talk about?
- 10 How long did it take Nehemiah to rebuild the wall?
- 11 What were the social economic problems that Nehemiah faced as the governor of Judah after completing the wall of Jerusalem?
- 12 What are the qualities of leadership?
- 13 What does the name Nehemiah mean?
- 14 How many times Nehemiah prayed?
Was Nehemiah a good leader?
Nehemiah was also a godly man who feared God. Let us examine his great leadership qualities and compare it to modern leaders. Nehemiah finds favor before the king. This is because he was faithful, cheerful and worked hard in the king’s palace.
What type of leader was Nehemiah?
Nehemiah, a rather ordinary person in a servant position, became a transformational leader when apprised of the discontent of the postexilic Jews in Jerusalem and Judah. By praying to God for discernment of His holy will, Nehemiah followed God’s calling to rebuild the walls of the city of Jerusalem.
What are the obstacles Nehemiah faced?
Seven problems that Nehemiah encountered in rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem
- The officials of Tekoa did not co-operate with him ( Neh3:5.
- He was ridiculed by Sanballat and Tobiah.
- He received threats of violence from the enemies Neh 4: 7 – 8.
- A trap was laid to drill his mission of rebuilding the wall.
How Nehemiah as a leader clarified values for the people and set an example?
By following the Word of God, Nehemiah was able bring together the people of Judah and show them the important values of leadership that included: leading by example, building and motivating a team towards a common goal, focusing on the task at hand and to follow God’s plan.
What can we learn from the life of Nehemiah?
One of the powerful messages of Nehemiah is how much you can accomplish when you align yourself with the will and plan of God. Nehemiah and his followers do what seems to be the impossible because they are doing what God has called them to do. You don’t have to rebuild a wall to do the will of God.
Why did God choose Nehemiah?
God instructed Nehemiah to build a wall around Jerusalem to protect its citizens from enemy attack.
What is the main message of the book of Nehemiah?
Nehemiah, one of Israel’s great leaders, tells firsthand the powerful story of the rebuilding of ancient Jerusalem’s walls after the exile. This rebuilding, in the face of great odds, represented the people’s renewal of faith, their overcoming of national shame and the reforming of their conduct.
What are the leadership qualities of Nehemiah?
In The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader, there are various qualities that relate closely to the type of perseverance we have seen in Nehemiah. Three qualities that especially stand out are commitment, courage, and passion. If you want people to follow you as a leader, then your personal commitment is essential.
What does the book of Nehemiah talk about?
The Book of Nehemiah, in the Hebrew Bible, largely takes the form of a first-person memoir concerning the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem after the Babylonian exile by Nehemiah, a Jew who is a high official at the Persian court, and the dedication of the city and its people to God’s laws (Torah).
How long did it take Nehemiah to rebuild the wall?
Once there, Nehemiah defied the opposition of Judah’s enemies on all sides—Samaritans, Ammonites, Arabs and Philistines—and rebuilt the walls within 52 days, from the Sheep Gate in the North, the Hananeel Tower at the North West corner, the Fish Gate in the West, the Furnaces Tower at the Temple Mount’s South West
(i) The poor took loans in order to pay tax and interest which was contrary to the Mosaic Law. (ii) The people were overtaxed in order to finance the rebuilding of the wall and pay the king’s tax. (iii) The wealthy land owners exploited the poor. (iv) The anti-social conduct among the wealthy people in Palestine.
What are the qualities of leadership?
The Characteristics & Qualities of a Good Leader
- Ability to delegate.
- Learning agility.
What does the name Nehemiah mean?
Hebrew Baby Names Meaning: In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Nehemiah is: Comfort of the Lord; comforted by God.
How many times Nehemiah prayed?
Nehemiah was a man of constant prayer as can be seen in the fourteen recorded prayers in the short book of Nehemiah.